Monday, October 5, 2009

Have u ever been betrayed before ?

Last week, a friend told me her colleague (whom she regards as good friend) betrayed her by using her to finish her work while she goes out to do some things not related to work. Maybe if that colleague had gone for some shopping or even a haircut, my friend won't feel so betrayed. The thing my friend suspected her of doing is part-time work. She was working her ass out thinking that she had helped a friend in need and instead, was used to generate extra income to line her colleague's own pocket. I know this friend of mine is a person who doesn't like others to lie to her, which is what I think angers her most.

I understand her feelings as in a way, I was once also "betrayed" by a friend who had sort of "grabbed" my client right in front of me for a mere few dollars. Even though the client was inactive for a year, he/she is still a client I served in other ways everyday. At first, I was really angry with my friend. This friend even went to the extent of finding reasons to justify her actions but had never once said anything to me. If this friend had talked to me regarding it, I would had just let it go. After all, what's a few dollars compared to friendship? After  a few months, I find that being angry with someone also means making life hard for myself. So I forgived her in my heart and until now, we still talked and gossiped as if nothing happened BUT I didn't forget this lesson. I know I will always be careful when it comes to things monetary.

In my friend's case, maybe if her colleague had been truthful to her, things would have ended differently.
I hope all friends who had once been betrayed before, can learn to forgive and learn the lesson that comes with it. It's always harder on ourselves to be angry with someone whom you faced 8 hours a day for five days a week. Be happy and joy will always nurture in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment