Wednesday, November 17, 2010

So What ?

Today, my silence is golden because my sore throat has developed to a stage that needs antibiotic to cure. Although it is not painful anymore, it is still bothersome that it has caused me to lose my voice. Any sound that comes out of my mouth is now a whisper. I can now imagine how miserable it is for those who wish to speak but can't OR those who has spoken but not heard.

The doctor gave me 2 days of medical leave. To me, if it were seven months ago, I would have taken it wiithout any thought for my work. Why? Seven months ago, I was still at the previous department whereby the teamwork is at the "below basic" stage. Team members are just all about themselves, they just do whatever that benefits them most. They are Sooooo independent, it is just everyone for themsleves. Who cares if they go on leave and there is not enough members to work? Who cares if the work that was done was complete or not? Who cares if you are the only one manning the counter while there are still several customers waiting for you?

NOW, in the new department, I care enough if there are enough members to handle the customers. The teamwork in this department might not be perfect but it is definitely the "above average" stage. It might be more tiring, more work but the spirit is there. It make  me feel energised and work is challenging.Even if I am not feeling that well, I would still try to make it to work and be there to support them as much as possible. So what if i can't talk? I can still do the paper work. So what if I have 2 days MC? I still feel guilty leaving my team to work so hard when I know there are not enough members at work. Anyhow, I still feel happy if I could support them as much as possible. So, BE IT !

No comments:

Post a Comment