Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Something different - G Cheong Fun




This plate of HK G Cheong Fun is a lil' bit different from what we usually eat. The usual ingredients were mostly like char siew and prawns, rite? NOW, this G Cheong Fun's main ingredient is the Yau Char Kwai. Some may have tasted it before and I think some haven't even heard of it. I was quite skeptical about its taste when I first ordered it BUT afer trying it, I prefer this than the original one. Even my picky-eater son ( who usually asks for milk or bread for breakfast) enjoys it very much. Just look at his smile ( eyes also "one-liner" already)  and u'll know!

I found this in a restaurant  called Lei Yun in Bercham, Ipoh ( the road behind KFC). A friend of mine tasted another one in Jalan Yau Tet Shin (Ipoh town centre).



3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! We called it "za leong" (in cantonese). Haven't had this for a long while, not all restaurant offer this kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is called Char Leong, a common fixture in Hong Kong's dim sum outlets.
    glad they're serving them here.
    is this opposite the Bercham Emas Food Court?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its the coffee shop opposite Specs 88 facing a field. Restaurant Lei Yuen. The junction opp Bercham Emas FC, go straight, 1st corner shop on rite. It seems there's also another stall in Jalan Yau Tet Shin

    ReplyDelete