Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sea Sincerity Restaurant

Ha! Ha! Never heard of it rite, friends? The name is actually Hoi Seng Restaurant ( I translate its name directly : Hoi = Sea, Seng=Sincerity) located next to the Ipoh Garden post office. Some claimed that it originated from Pusing and some said Lenggong. Mostly because it is famous for its "Sai Tow" fish balls and "Yue Wat". I think my friend, Irene, tried it out but she didn't get to tell me how was the food. On MERDEKA eve, I decided to go there to sample its food. Here's some of the pics I took BUT it was already halfway eaten before I remembered to photograph it... too hungry lahh! LOL...


 This dish is called "Shanghai Pork Ribs @ Mo Sek Pai Guat" I tasted this once in Shanghai itself and the taste is actually quite similiar. Only thing is the pork is a little fatty on the side. In Shanghai, this dish is so famous that after sampling it, the tour guides usually will take the tourist to buy as souvenirs as it is vacummed packed.  All you have to do is to steam it and Voila! one Shanghai dish on your table.

This dish is Szechuan Crab-something ( hahaha! i can't quite remember the full name) It's eggs cooked with pieces of crab meat garnished with brocolli. The children loved it!
This is named HongKong Claypot Chicken @ Sam Pui Kei. You can also find this dish at the chinese restaurant next to Breeze Cafe opposite Chin Woo Hall.
There is also a fourth dish which is Brocolli cooked with Yue Wat which I fotgot to capture. All the dishes I ordered are S size as there are only 3 adults and 2 children. Dish #1 is priced at RM16 while the rest are at RM12. All in all,  the bill comes up to RM65 (Nuts RM3, Rice RM5 and tea RM5)
So, tell me what u gals think? Cheap or expensive?

4 comments:

  1. I went on the 1st day of it's opening. Damn it - fullhouse. Then my uncle(a food critic) & my mum went to eat lunch there one day...they commented that it's expensive & nt nice. Their chicken oso nt cooked properly.

    We prefer MARPOH just before ipoh Gdn KFC , better..very reasonable, nice & lots of variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expensive, lol. We're not too carnivorous. That's why when we eat out, our bill is quite low :p

    But if i remember, i may go eat there at least once lah since you recommend. Call you up to come settle bill, ok :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samm : I haf satisfy my son with pork ( only meatm dont eat vege one lah!) spicy chicken (my girl specially requested) Vege ( for MIL ) Some more first time there mah, haf to try out new things. V seldom eat out in restaurant, usually go for chap fan in Bercham, fast, cheap n tasty, lol..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Physiomom: I oso like Marpoh too. Went there once, oso full house. Either go b4 6 or aft 8. As for Hoi Seng, the food was tasty. Mebbe first few days the staff didnt adjust very well. Usual happenings at most newly opened places.

    ReplyDelete